Placing your beloved home on the market is not only stressful, but time consuming and costly. You don’t know how long you will have to wait before it gets sold and the anxiety surrounding the situation can be intense! You can increase your chances of selling your home faster by knowing some insider tips that can help you make your home appear its best to potential buyers. If you are interested in selling your home in Fort Worth, TX and need help with roof repair, call Aline Roofing at (817) 984-9961 today.
How Do I Get the Most Out of My Home Sale?
3 main upgrades that can increase value when selling your home are the kitchen, bathroom, and window replacement. As the kitchen and bathroom are the two most used rooms in a home, these are understandably going to see the most wear and tear. Most savvy home sellers will choose to get a kitchen or bathroom remodel before putting their home up for sale as a way to boost property value and keep buyers’ interest.
Many people think that they need to remodel fan favorite rooms like the living room or bedroom, but it is actually the lesser thought-of areas that get remodeled that attract bids! When a remodeled basement or add-on porch suddenly gets offered to a potential buyer when that wasn’t even on their mind, it creates appeal! Far more than a bedroom that every home will have will. A little lesser known tip when selling your home is to replace your windows! Studies show that when potential buyers discovered that a house they were interested in had recently gotten new windows, that it helped them put an offer on the home and seal the deal. Windows are notoriously expensive, but are a needed asset to every home. If you as the current homeowner are willing to spend a little more money in renovations and upgrades, you can expect higher bidding prices when selling your home.
What To Fix Up When Selling a House?
The general guidelines on what sells a house has typically been the same for generations. Potential homebuyers are looking for space, cleanliness, and durability. If you as the current homeowner know that your house is falling apart and still decide to put it on the market without making any effort to correct the problem, you can expect to see zero offers. If buyers notice a broken cabinet or a missing doorknob, they will soon come to realize that more major damages will greet them should they purchase the house. If the current homeowners couldn’t maintain minor damages, than large scale and expensive hidden damages are sure to be discovered. The main things that should always be fixed up before putting your home on the market are the roof and plumbing. While these are the most expensive repairs, it definitely helps to boost curb appeal when selling your home and can in fact even raise your property value, forcing bidders to increase their offers!
What Should I Do Before Selling a House?
If you are wondering what to do to sell your house, go through this checklist for selling your home and make sure you have completed these things before putting your home on the market.
- Research real estate agents that are knowledgeable about your specific housing market and don’t hire the first person to hand you a brochure
- Boost your home’s curb appeal by taking care of outside appearances like getting roof repair, applying a fresh cost of paint, or planting flowers and landscaping as these will be the first things that buyers will see when assessing your house
- Be sure to declutter and hide anything you don’t want curious potential buyers to find as they walk through your home during viewings
- Remove any photos and colors so that potential homeowners can visualize themselves living in the home without having to stare down a cute family photo of your kids at the zoo
- Touch up any scuff marks or broken objects in the home to make sure that the home gives off a polished look to potential buyers
- Clean and add room deodorizers or plants to help mask scents you may be immune to
- If your home has a dated or certain look to it that cannot be changed in time for a viewing, consider getting it staged by a professional. This is where certain items are rented and placed in the home to make it more appealing to potential buyers.
Following these tips for selling your home in Fort Worth, TX will help you get the best price when you do decide on a buyer. Things like getting maintenance on your roof to boost curb appeal are must do’s when selling your home. Call Aline Roofing at (817) 984-9961 if you need roof installation or repair today.