Today, there are so many different choices to choose from when it comes to types and styles. With natural materials, you have everything from wood to slate and with the man-made materials you can choose asphalt, sheet metal, or anything in between. Although each material has its designated pros and cons, choosing the right one can add a distinctive style to your home. But which roof should you select?
- How long is it suppose to last?
- Can it potentially hold up to natural disaster such as wild fries or tornadoes?
- Is there enough slope?
- Will the roof contribute to the overall look of the house?
- Are the materials recyclable and “green”?
- Do your local building codes prohibit the type of roof you desire?
- How much will the overall cost be?
Some roofing may be better suited for some houses than others. Elements such as the slope of the roof, the weight, and the strength of the framing could limit the choices you have quite a bit. For example, if you live in an area that is prone to high winds, you probably would want to steer clear of a simple metal room because they can be pretty light in weight.